The MMAD and this website have been created and are maintained by
Professor Nils B. Weidmann
Communication, Networks and Contention research group
Department of Politics and Public Administration
University of Konstanz
78457 Konstanz, Germany
+49 7531 88 5676
Please direct any inquiries about the database to info∂mmadatabase.org
- This website collects and stores data about registered users. Specifically, this includes the name and the e-mail address and any other information that users enter on their profile page.
- In addition to the users’ profile data, we do not permanently store any other information about user behavior on our site. For verification purposes, the website may use authentication methods such as cookies during the time a user is logged in on our website. Access to the website is logged in anonymous form, with the visitors’ IP addresses removed.
- We collect user information for two purposes: to obtain aggregate statistics of the MMAD user base, such as the number of users and their geographic distribution, and to notify users by e-mail of updated versions of our database. User data will not be shared with any third parties.
- If you register for the website, you agree to receive our (infrequent) e-mail notifications about database updates and corrections. If you do not want to receive these e-mails, please delete your account (see below).
- The information we have about an individual user can be reviewed on the user’s profile page (link at the top right of the page). No other information is stored by our website.
- If users want to delete their personal information stored on our website, they can do so by simply deleting their account using the link at the bottom of the profile page. Alternatively, they can send a deletion request to info∂mmadatabase.org from the e-mail address associated with the account to be deleted.